[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: american satellite in Europe?

Galitzine schrieb:

> I live in paris, and I have a 10 meters satellite dish.can I get
> american
> channels or american satellite?Is echostar 3 available in France?
> Thank you.

Dr.Dish:
Theoretically your dish could "see" from Paris up to 70 degree west, but
no footprint of US-satellites reach Paris. Anyway, why give it not a
try. A signal of apprx.. 20 dbW would be still visible (with noise) on
your screen. I do not believe that you get something out from Echostar 3
on 61.5 with his conus beam, but you could have some luck on BRASILSAT
B1 and 2 (70/65 degr. west) and PAS-5 (58 degr.west) in the c-band.
For the transponder-layout have a look at http://www.satco.dx. Please
let us know, if got something. Good luck!
--
Christian Mass (Dr.Dish)
Senior-Editor of TELE-satellite International

[Other mailing lists|Sponsored by TELE-satellit]