[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Fw: Zarges 4,5 m - steering

Thies Scherrer schrieb:

> ----------
> > Von: Thies Scherrer <scherret@stud.fh-luebeck.de>
> > An: question@drdish.com
> > Cc: scherret@stud.fh-luebeck.de
> > Betreff: Zarges 4,5 m - Spiegel drehen ?
> > Datum: Samstag, 7. Februar 1998 01:44
> >
> > Hallo DrDish-Team !
> >
> > Ich möchte meinen 10 Jahre alten Zarges 4,5m-Spiegel drehen, der
> leider
> nur
> > einen festen Fuß besitzt. In einer Anzeige habe ich gelesen, daß
> vielleicht
> > der Actuator Jaeger SuperJack XL paßt, aber was ist mit dem
> Polarmount ?
> >
> > Zur Veranschaulichung habe ich ein paar Skizzen angehängt.
> >
> > Vielen Dank für die Hilfe.
> >
> > Mit freundlichem Gruß
> > Thies Scherrer

I got a 10 years old Zarges-dish (4.5m) without polarmount and would
like to use as actuator the Jaeger Super Jack XL but what to with the
polarmount?

Dr:Dish:
Since this large dish got a very narrow beamwidth, I would advice you to
use 2 actuators (elevation and azimuth). I assume you will use this dish
for weak signals on different satellites and not for Astra or Eutelsat.
We got some old satellites in inclined orbit and a tracking-possibility
would be a wise solution. It could be done by a mechanical device on the
dish, build by yourself. Steering the whole thing can be achieved by the
new AutoTracker III from Egis. This product is tested in the next issue
of TSI (3-4/98). In the same story you find a picture of a smaller dish
where such a construction (home-made) is shown. Some receivers (like
Drake) also offer the 2 actuator control.

--
Christian Mass (Dr.Dish)
Senior-Editor of TELE-satellite International

[Other mailing lists|Sponsored by TELE-satellit]