[Prev][Next][Index]

Happy Easter.

Excitement! Excitement!
No not really...
I saw Fox News on Pas 2 last Friday. I was also contacted by a viewer in Mt
Gambier. So I filed this report.

Panamsat 2
3790 V sound 6.2 mhz english NTSC clear. No other sound channels.
It is Fox News... from America.
 Rupert looks good on his own channel.Buy a TY station and get yourself on
it.
Oh! well it was there for 24 hours and then back to oblivion. No more fox news.
The frequency is a good one to keep as there are occasional interesting
feeds there.

--- Thaicom 3:  http://www.satcodx.com/thai78.shtml
The Discovery Channel has started on 3,920 H, MPEG-2/clear,
PIDs 48/47.
This got me very excited until I found out it was part of a bouquet on
Thaicom 2.
I can go back under my rock now.

Looking at the charts for I 701 it seems that people on the east coast of
Australia may be seeing the odd transmission from this bird. All I see is
CBS/ABC (this is quite often in the clear after 13.00 UTC and CNN on 3720
R.
The FM radio station KLOS FM from Los Angeles is a little different to
listening to Nau FM and IUME FM on Asiasat 2.
I wonder who can see this in Australia?
--- Intelsat 701 at 180E:  http://www.satcodx.com/i701.shtml
New package on 4,095 L, MPEG-2, SR 27500, FEC 3/4, global beam:
Canal + New Caledonia (enc.)
Canal + Polynesia (enc.)
RFO 1 (clear)
RFO 2 (clear)
Saudi Channel 1 (clear)

There are still 5 channels on  EMTV on 4006 V not the one as indicated in
the Satco Dx Chart. The radio channels are on channels 4 and 5.
The sun outage occured for me last Sat and Sun the 4th and 5th April.
One interesting observation was that I found my LNB was not pointing
exactly in the centre of the dish. I confirmed this by watching the sun and
finding when the peak outage occured. When I found it a bit late on one
satellite I then made adjustments and switched to another satellite. It may
not be perfect but my dish is better illuminated now. I even have a little
more gain.

Using my imagination I can see faint evidence of a signal here.
--- Intelsat 704 at 66E:  http://www.satcodx.com/i704.shtml
Mongolian TV has started on 4,015 L, SECAM/clear, 6,60 MHz,
North East zone beam. This is about 1 or 2 deg off the horizon and I can
only detect it when there is a tropospheric temperature inversion to the
west of my location. It is like looking over the curvature of the earth.

A contest!!!!!
To give away !!!!
Just a moment of your time!!!
Tell me in as few words or more why you would like to receive a copy of the
January/February edition of Tele Satellite. I have exactly one to give
away. It comes complete with a subscription form which you can return to me
with US$100 and I will then arrange that you receive a 12 months
subscription, (6 copies) to the magazine. I will publish your reasons in
the newsletter for all to see and announce the winner on MAYDAY. Dats de
1st of May.
It may be informative or light hearted, only interested people may apply.
(I will pay the postage.) It will probably go to the most imaginative
entry.

Happy Easter and all the best till next time,
Cheers,
Bevin.

[Other mailing lists]