[Prev][Next][Index]

PROTON/ASTRA

>                      Dear Dr.Dish,
> Q: Two weeks ago I have seen in CNN news an information about new American
>satellite (named 'Astra' or something similar), which was launched by
>Russian rocket 'PROTON'. As I understood, this satellite already began
>transmissions of Russian TV in the band of 11 or 12 GGc. Would you like
>to inform me about that satellite ?
>
>                      Alex Yuzhanin (Lvov, Ukraine)
>
>---------------------------
>e-mail: RUKAV@OXART.LVIV.UA

Dr.Dish:
The ASTRA 1F, launched by a russian PROTON, belongs to the S.E.S.,
Luxembourg and will be positioned at 19° East. On this slot there are
allready ASTRA 1A-1E. 1A-1D transmitting analouge and 1E and 1F are used for
digital transmissions of tv- and radio channels. This six ASTRA-satellites
are receiveable with simple 60cm dishes in Central-Europe.
Dr.Dish (Christian Mass)
drdish@tv - the first european satellite info channel

[Other mailing list archives]