[Prev][Next][Index]

MPEG-transmissions

Q: Hi Chris, just received two different MPEG-receivers (Philips and PACE).
Where can I find some frequencies to play around?
G. Fazzari, I-Modena

Dr.Dish:
First, check the fx-list of TELE-satellite and further subscibe to
Transponder NEWS provided by Stefan Hagedorn. In issue May 16. he published
a long list of EUTELSAT-transmissions. For playing around you must know a
little bit more:
Datarate: for a 26 MHz-txp (-1dB) use 22.0 Msymbols/s and for a 33 MHz/-1dB
txp use 27.5 Msymbols/s. For FEC just try 3/4 and 5/6 but also the remaining
rates.
If you have on some packages (like test from NTL) no luck with the Philips,
change to the PACE. I use the same receivers at this moments. Feeds are fine
with the 19" Fuba.
Dr.Dish (Christian Mass)
drdish@tv - the first european satellite info channel

[Other mailing list archives]