[Prev][Next][Index]

Digital Decoders

>Dear Dr.
>as i am planning to buy an IRD i want your advise to which unit will work good
>in the middle east, is it the panasat 520,524,530 or nokia d-box or the
echostar
>khauli

Dr.Dish:
depends for which packages you want to use the IRD. Panasat 529 is fine, but
a converted nokia-mediamaster would much nicer. On the other side you can
expect also valuable upgrades for the Panasat and the Vortec (or
Samsung/Galaxy) made for the italian market. In your situation I would wait
a little bit until we got all this boxes tested for TELE-satellite magazine.
If you like to receive the ORBIT package, you have to buy a Scientific
Atlanta 9232 which is not DVB compatible. At leat not for 100%. Tis unit can
be converted with a little trick to work on DVB-signals.