[Prev][Next][Index]

S.Atlanta modified

>Dear Dr.
>
>You mention at your E-mail that orbit decoder can be converted with a
>little trick to work on DVB-signals. Can you please send me at least
>private how can be done? or where can I find any information.
>
>Thanks
>Khaled

Dr.Dish:
Here we are again. The secret is not a secret, since some people tried this
in New Zealand and Australia to receive the European Bouquet on AsiaSat II.
The S.A. 9223 works with PowerVu in this fine for the Orbit-package. To turn
into some kind of MPEG-DVB compatible, you have to push the following
front-keys in sequence:

MENUE
USER
NEXT
YES
6
USER
YES
VIEW

At this point your receiver is in MPEG-mode and you have to change all
parameters in the installers-menue (Symbolrate, FEC etc). To have some more
fun with scpc-stations which may now not receivable, you must know the
PID-numbers for each channel (one for audio and one for video). I am shure a
collection of valid PID´s will appear in no time in the Net, if you see how
fast people is working (like Mike Bauerfeind with his german d-box) to
explore this new technique and come out with new ideas every day.

I will try to collect so much as possible material about different
MPEG-receivers and upgrades and publish this findings on a daily basis in my
new newsletter IN-SAT via TELE-satellit online.