[Prev][Next][Index]

Re:Eng. broadcasts in Kiev

>City: Washington DC
>
>Questions: I am moving to Kiev, Ukraine, and would like to know if
>English broadcasts are available there via satellite. If so,
>what type of satellite equipment would I need in order to
>receive it?  Should this be purchased in the US or in
>the Ukraine?  I am VERY new to the satellite, and hardly
>know where to begin.  Any advice you can offer will be greatly
>accepted.
>
>Thank you.
>Bill Dentry

Dr.Dish:
Since different systems are used, it is not wise to buy the equipment in the
USA. In and around Kiev you will find a lot of good installers and dealers
with some practical knowledge. CNN is also carried by russian satellites and
some european channels in english are received via EUTELSAT. For adresses of
suitable dealers please have a look on the back-pages of TELE-satellite
International.