[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Nokia 9600

At 15:28 06.09.1997 +0530, you wrote:
>     Hi Christian,

>The biggest shortcoming in the 9500S is the difficulty to store PID codes,
>which were manually entered. Especially here in Asia the autoscan does not
>necessarily find the correct PID's.
>Q: Has this been improved? Can I now enter manually a PID and save it
>permanently?
>
>Also, some stations in Asia, mainly Chinese stations on ASIA SAT II
>trasnsmit two different audio channels on the same carrier. The red menu
>allows to select the left or right or both channels, but again as of now,
>this setting can not be saved.
>Q: Is it now possible to save these type of settings, too?
>
>Finally, is it now possible to update the EEPROM via the serial port?
>
>Best regards
>Ulrich Blass
>Auroville, South India

Hi Ulrich,
this new piece of software is not available  yet, but should come this
months with new 9600-models. Yes, PIDīs (Video/Audio/Sync) are entered
directly on the screen and can be saved.
I am not shure if you can selct and store different audio-signals on one
channel. For this I still use "d-remote". But I believe it must work with
the new version. We will get our own box in the next days or so and I will
inform you.
On the other hand, yesterday new software of the german d-box enables the
storage of PIDīs inside the very dangerous blue menu. Also the box detects
store now a lot more channels without asking for the correct PID-codes. Bad
enough we have no access to the ASIASAT II from here and it will take some
time until a d-box with the new software will arrive in your geographical aerea.

NOKIA will release documentation ofd the serial port outside (and maybe the
second port inside) until the end of the year.