[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: d-box on Reunion Island

>City: SAINT PIERRE
>
>Questions: Hello Dr DISH,
>
>I'm going to buy a d-box 3.0.Do you think that this model
> will be able to receive programs for the region where I
>Live (Reunion Island at 21°2 S and 55°3 E).
>
>Is the version 2.2 is better for me

Dr.Dish:
You could use each of the two versions. The disadvantage in both versions is
the unability to store in a simple way scpc-siganls, which are available on
many satellites in your geographical aera.
To get some more comfort, you can use the software "d-remote" (for Windows
95), which allows to change channels and satelites with just a mouseclick
and is regulary updated.
If do not want to use the PC for this job, then Bakker BV in the Netherlands
offers the Nokia with s/w W.B 4.0. This receiver receives c/ku-band and
stores all mcpc and scpc siganls into the memory (1000 channels). No opening
of the red menu is needed, because the receiver looks automatically for the
correct PID-codes.
(For further information: see yesterdays report on this service.