[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: [SAT-UK-CLUB]: Echostar 8700 and universal LNB

sat-uk-club@tags1.dn.net wrote:

> Hi there..I have an echostar 8700 VC/Mac and a universal LNB..no matter what
> settings I try I cannot get it to tune above 12650..even though I know the
> LNB works fine above those..(right up to 12722 in digital) and also works
> fine on a pace receiver..anyone have any clues as to what I could be doing
> wrong..or do I need new software ?
>
> Thanks
> Ian

Hey Ian!
I'm currently having EXACTLY the same problem as you. I can't go above
12.650 GHz. However, I think I have found the problem. I currently have
version 3 of the lt8700 software, which has a tuning range of 2050 MHz.
Therefore, if the Ku-High band is set to 10.6 GHz in LNB settings, which
it is for a universal, you can only go as high as 12.65 (10600 + 2050 =
12650). Apparently, you need the latest version of the software - v4.0
or v4.1. I'll let you know when I solve my problem.

--
Dominic Sedghi, Sat-UK
dominic@bigrp.demon.co.uk