[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: [SAT-UK-CLUB]: Echostar 8700 and universal LNB

In message <IjMCyEAZZ+v0EwT8@planet-z.demon.co.uk>, sat-uk-
club@tags1.dn.net writes
>In message <199801142025.UAA19547@boober.lineone.net>, sat-uk-
>club@tags1.dn.net writes
>>Hi there..I have an echostar 8700 VC/Mac and a universal LNB..no matter what
>>settings I try I cannot get it to tune above 12650..even though I know the
>>LNB works fine above those..(right up to 12722 in digital) and also works
>>fine on a pace receiver..anyone have any clues as to what I could be doing
>>wrong..or do I need new software ?
>>
>>Thanks
>>Ian
>>

>I may be wrong here, but I think the Echostar is the problem. It has
>something to do with the fact that it cannot tune to above 12.650   I
>have had the same problem (fathers sat) and after asking someone in the
>know they informed me it was the receiver.
>
>I will try and find out the full answer.
>
>My father is using a wideband LNB and I was going to fit a universal LNB
>and this then lead to the topic of the Echostar tuner.
>
>Hope this helps,
>
>Geo.

Hello.
I have the Echostar 5700 rx.
I had the same problem.
To get around the problem i tweaked the lnb to be 100Mhz off.(High band)
Ok this means that the reciever tuining reads 100Mhz low....
but it is not beyond the wit of a good 'anorak' to cope with this!

bfn
yous