Sat-UK #82: I HATE LONG GOODBYES

Report from the Sat-UK mailing list:
Report #82
- MED-TV IS BACK!
- SKY NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC SET BACK
- MORE LOVELY MUSIC
july 25th 1997
====================================
The following may not be reproduced without written consent. Information
is subject to change and/or may be incorrect.
Email: dominic@bigrp.demon.co.uk . Homepage:
http://www.sat-net.com/sat-uk/
And now the news:

---------- MED-TV BACK
Med-TV is back on 10,972 V on Eutelsat II-F2! Apparently, all attempts
by the Turkish government to block the channel have been abandonned.

---------- SKY NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC
Sky National Geographic has been put back to a September launch. The
channel will share transponder 44 with Galavision. Sky NG will broadcast
from 7pm until 1am every night, with Galavision broadcasting from 6am to
11am - what's gonna happen in-between?!

---------- MORE MUSIC: CHANNEL V
Rupert Murdoch's Asian musical channel, Channel V, is set to make a step
into the UK satellite scene, probably on Astra, in analogue. The channel
is currently a hit in his ISkyB venture. One wonders, with all these new
channels, where they're gonna put them - hopefully no more transponder
47 ventures!

---------- THE WEIRDEST TESTCARD
I urge all of you who can to take a look at Telecom 2B transponder 10 -
there's the craziest testcard there! It's a bouncing ball with black and
white lines all over it!

---------- SHORT BREAK
Unfortunately, I shall be taking another short break from Sat-UK
reports. As before, all will be revised at the end of my trip. I shall
be back on August 4th.

All contents (C) 1997 Dominic Sedghi. All rights reserved.

[Other mailing lists]