[Prev][Next][Index]

Sat-UK #157 23.11.97: DER BILDUNGSKANAL - CMTE - WERELD. TV

Sat-UK Report #157:
- Der Bildungskanal to begin on January 7th
- Encryption method for CMT identified
- Wereldomroep TV to change name
sunday 23rd november 1997
Email: dsedghi@TELE-Satellite.com
Sat-UK Web: http://www.sat-net.com/sat-uk/
UK Satellite Control: http://www.sat-net.com/uk-satellite/
And now the news:

---------- Der Bildungskanal to begin on January 7th
(source: Thoralf Polet - Sat-UK subscriber)

Videotext(tm), the teletext service of ARD and ZDF reported yesterday,
that Der Bildungskanal will be launched on January 7th:
> BR 1998 MIT BILDUNGSKANAL
> Der Bayerische Rundfunk (BR) wird am 7. Januar im Fernsehen einen
> Bildungskanal starten.  Der BR-Rundfunkrat hat ein entsprechen- des
> Konzept einstimmig gebilligt. Das Programm des Bildungskanals wird
> analog via Satellit ausgestrahlt. BR-Fernsehdirektor Gerhard Fuchs
> sagte, es werde "ein intelligentes Programm sein, das einen weiten
> Bildungsbegriff für jedermann verwirklichen" wolle.
Neither the webpage of Der Bildungskanal nor the the teletext service of
Bayerisches Fernsehen has any information about it.

---------- Encryption method for CMT identified
(source: SATCO DX)

The encryption method for CMT Europe on Intelsat 803 has been identified
as "macrovision", although I doubt if anyone will be able to go down to
their local satellite shop and pick up a macrovision decoder!

---------- Wereldomroep TV to change name
(source: SATCO DX, verification: Radio Nederland)

On January 1st, free Dutch TV channel Wereldomroep TV, which is now
broadcasting on Eutelsat HotBird 1, will change its name to BVN-TV. It
will thenceforth be jointly operated with the Dutch domestic television
broadcasters. (I think that's right, but no doubt the famour David de
Jong will correct me if I'm mistaken! ;-))

All contents (C) 1997 Dominic Sedghi, except where indicated. All rights
reserved. The above may not be reproduced without written consent.
Information is subject to change and/or may be incorrect.