[Prev][Next][Index]

Sat-UK-News #218a 19.03.98: SKY DIGITAL TESTS!

Sat-UK-News Report #218a:
- Sky Digital now testing!
thursday 19th march 1998
Email: dsedghi@TELE-Satellite.com OR dominic@bigrp.demon.co.uk
Sat-UK-Web: http://www.sat-uk.com/
UK Satellite Control: http://www.sat-net.com/uk-satellite/
And now the news:

---------- Sky Digital now testing
 Sorry about the late report, but this news was just too important to
leave until tomorrow. Sky Digital has started testing on Astra 1D,
frequency 11.917 H. I'm really quite lucky to even have picked up the
data signal. Unfortunately, I can't get a stable picture at all. Still,
here's the details of the package...
 The package is using a symbol rate of 29492 and a forward error
correction of 2/3. Again, I can't determine the PIDs, but that's not too
important. The package is only in the test stages - no proper
programming is being broadcast. Here is what's there:

CHANNEL IDENTIFICATION              BROADCAST MATERIAL
Sky Sports 3                        colour bars
231                                 Sky News
303                                 Sky News
307                                 colour bars
SBO 16                              Sky News
SBO 17                              Sky News
SBO 18                              test card
SBO 19                              test card
SBO 20                              test card

SBO is clearly the abbreviation for Sky Box Office; Sky News is the
channel being broadcast during tests as it is free anyway. I haven't
added this to the charts yet, as it is probably only a test package. If
it is still there tomorrow afternoon, I will add it.

All contents (C) 1998 Dominic Sedghi, except where indicated. All
rights reserved. Contents may be reproduced providing the following
is included: "Provided by Sat-UK - www.sat-uk.com/".
Information is subject to change and/or may be incorrect.