[Prev][Next][Index]

Sat-UK-News #230 06.04.98: BSkyB Digital, TPS

Sat-UK-News Report #230:
- BSkyB Digital to be set back?
- TPS takes another HotBird 4 transponder
monday 6th april 1998
Email: dsedghi@TELE-Satellite.com OR dominic@bigrp.demon.co.uk
Sat-UK-Web: http://www.sat-uk.com/
UK Satellite Control: http://www.sat-net.com/uk-satellite/
And now the news:

---------- BSkyB Digital to be set back?
(indirect source: Electronic Times - info may be incorrect)
 BSkyB may well be dealt another set-back in its plans to launch its new
interactive digital service, BIB. According to reports, Sky have still
not delivered the EPG (Electronic Programme Guide) to the makers of the
set-top boxes. The manufacturers, such as Pace, now have to make a
decision as to whether they should suspend manufacture or enable the EPG
to be downloaded via flash later down the production line.

---------- TPS takes another HotBird 4 transponder
 Télévision par Satellite has now begun to transmit all of its channels,
both radio and television, via HotBird 4. The last remaining package to
be transferred, which was on HotBird 3, is now available on 10.834 V.
The package consists of the following channels (PIDs unavailable):
10.834 V     SR 27500 FEC 3/4  Viaccess       TELEVISION PAR SATELLITE
SCHTROUMPF             (no pic, no sound, no data - unlisted)
L'œil du Hibou (eye of the owl) (no pic, no sound, data - unlisted)
RMN                    (no pic, no sound, data - unlisted)
BANDIAGARA             (no pic, no sound, no data - unlisted)
L'œil du Hibou         (no pic, no sound, no data - unlisted)
LCI - La Chaîne Info   (enc. pic, enc. sound, data - listed)
EUROSPORT              (enc. pic, enc. sound, data - listed)
M6 MUSIC               (enc. pic, enc. sound, data - listed)
TPS Promo              (enc. pic, enc. sound, data - listed)
Canal Auto             (enc. pic, enc. sound, data - listed)
Guide                  (no pic, no sound, no data - unlisted)
TPS Acceuil            (clear pic/sound, data - listed)
TV5 Europe             (enc. pic, enc. sound, data - listed)
Météo Express (radio)  (clear sound, data - listed)
OTHER APPLICABLE RADIO CHANNELS UNVERIFIED.

Ok - hope you can understand that. SCHROUMPF, L'œil du Hibou, RMN,
BANDIAGARA and Guide were not transmitted with any picture, any sound,
any data and there was no CAM requested. I have not listed these as they
seem only to be test channels, but it may be that L'œil du Hibou and RMN
are planned channels. L.D.H. seems to be an exhibition channel and RMN
an interactive games channel. The full package should hopefully be
verified tomorrow by SATCO DX.

All contents (C) 1998 Dominic Sedghi, except where indicated. All
rights reserved. Contents may be reproduced providing the following
is included: "Provided by Sat-UK - www.sat-uk.com/".
Information is subject to change and/or may be incorrect.