[Prev][Next][Index]

Sat-UK-News #259 01.06.98: Nickelodeon Germany

Sat-UK-News Report #259:
- Nick Germany closed down
Monday 01.06.98
Email: dsedghi@TELE-Satellite.com OR dominic@bigrp.demon.co.uk
Sat-UK-Web: http://www.sat-uk.com/
UK Satellite Control: http://www.sat-net.com/uk-satellite/
And now the news:

---------- Nick Germany closed down
 Nickelodeon Germany has ceased analogue transmissions on Astra 1B,
11.612 H. It has been replaced by a test card in German, stating that
the channel has had to shut down it broadcast feed. As far as I am
aware, Nickelodeon Germany does not broadcast in any digital package -
so I guess this means the end of this channel!

********** INTERNAL
 Nilesat 101 has been added to the charts at Sat-UK-Web. It is located
at 7°W and can be received here in the UK. Reception reports indicate
that dishes as small as 90cm can pick up the signals in London, whereas
some people can't get anything on 1.2m. Have a go and send in your
reception reports!

All contents (C) 1998 Dominic Sedghi, except where indicated. All
rights reserved. Contents may be reproduced providing the following
is included: "Provided by Sat-UK - www.sat-uk.com/".
Information is subject to change and/or may be incorrect.