[Prev][Next][Index]

SAT-Usenet 3/96

SAT-Usenet
3/96
get the best from Newsgroups via eMail!
Deadline for this issue: 28.07.96, 14:02

This service is sponsored by
TELE-satellite
EUROPES SATELLITE MAGAZINE
http://www.tele-satellite.com

Editor for TS:
Marc Ruenger
eMail: MRuenger@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/mruenger/sat-tv.htm

ALL MATERIAL PROVIDED HERE IS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE
USED FOR ANY COMERCIAL REASONS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE EDITOR.

- Feeds from Atlanta our first topic today:

>Has anyone found the BBC feed from Atlanta. I do not have C band and
>my dish only goes as far as west as Orion.
>
>I am pretty sure they are either on C band or further west than Orion.

Indeed they are on C band, Intelsat 512 @ 21.3W, 4.06 Ghz, LHCP in NTSC. Also
on this
satellite are 3 of the EBU channels, ZDF Germany and 2 Brazilian channels.

- The people from MEGATEK (damn Sky!) our second:
> >I was hoping someone could tell me if the megatek card is still working
> >with all the sky channals

Yes, it still works.

> >and if some of you have had any trouble with
> >the company when ordering the card.
>
> I have heard from a number of people that business practice at Megatek
> is sometimes not very convincing.

Megatek is now out of business. Chris Carey (The owner) was arrested in
London. I believe he has now jumped bail and is enjoying himself abroad.

[Other mailing lists]