This service is sponsored by
TELE-satellite
EUROPES SATELLITE MAGAZINE
http://www.tele-satellite.com

Editor for TS:
Marc Ruenger
eMail: MRuenger@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/mruenger/sat-tv.htm

ALL MATERIAL PROVIDED HERE IS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE
USED FOR ANY COMERCIAL REASONS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE EDITOR.

- News from D2-MAC-ASTRA-Programing:

Mark Barr wrote:

> Michael Curtis wrote:
>
> >What's happening on Astra Tr27.  TV3 is gone and replaced with another
> >DMAC signal from Viacom - Nickelodeon and Sci Fi channel.
>
> >I can get the picture OK, but the sound keeps comming and going.  Does
> >anyone else get this?
> All I get is a blank screen
>
> How are you managing to get a picture. I have a 1m dish trained on it
> so it cant be signal loss
>
> the decode just says viewing viacom Hard scrambled
>
> Mark

This is already presented earlier in this newsgroup, but here goes:
09 - 15 Nickoloden broadcasts
15 - 23 Quite blank
23 - 03 Sci Fi Channel broadcasts
03 - 09 Some shopping

Regards
Frank Ludvigsen

- An opportunity to buy a cheap D2-MAC-Decoder:
>Hi all,
>First, a tip: tv plus sells used Philips CTU 902 D2MAC decoders for 200
>dutch guilders via PTT Telecom (phone ++31 35 6262626).

>But secondly: It is a cable D2mac decoder though, but changes are said to
>be easy to convert it into scart input. But: who knows how to do this?
Simply locate where the cable signal is converted into video (RGB maybe?) and
sound. Then disconnect the cable tuner&demodulator and attache the scart
video and sound signals to the signals in the decoder. Don't forget to
terminate the video signals by a 75 Ohm resistor to ground.

- How does SKY turn on and off it's viewing cards?

Keith Pankhurst wrote:
: I'm afraid they will switch your card off if you are tuned to any Sky
: channel - even Sky News.  I think they use Sky One for all the switch on
: signals though.
No - it varies! Last change I was told to use the Family Channel for a turn
on signal. It is true, however, that the turn OFF codes are sent on ALL
channels SKY have under their control (even Sky News).
Brian

- New frequency for Eurotica
>The new frequency for Eurotica is 11,050 H (transponder 21A 13deg east) if
>someone has missed it, and it has a real lousy signal strength.

Just tuned in at 11050 and that had sparkles on my setup. Changed it
to 11054 and got sparkle free picture - mind you my eyes are a bit
blurred at the moment ;-)

[Other mailing lists]