This service is sponsored by
TELE-satellite
EUROPES SATELLITE MAGAZINE
http://www.tele-satellite.com

Editor for TS:
Marc Ruenger
eMail: MRuenger@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/mruenger/sat-tv.htm

ALL MATERIAL PROVIDED HERE IS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE
USED FOR ANY COMERCIAL REASONS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE EDITOR.

VACATION FOR THE EDITOR. THIS WILL BE THE LAST EDITION UNTILL THE NEXT
WEEKEND!!!

- SKY CARDS ARE NOT SWITCHED OFF IN TIME

Bruce Lang writes:
>Hi peoples,
>       I had a skycard and a megatek a few months ago.  I took out my sky
>card and used the megtek one, and THEN cancelled my sky subscription.
>It seems since the card hasn't been inserted for a few motnhs, it was
>never de-activated and now works!  I was wondering, how often do sky
>run their long-term deactivitaion codes??  as in, how long cna i
>expect this to work before sky deactivate every card that should be
>deactivatied?
>
>thanx.

About three hours, if you leave it in continuously. If you leave it
out for a few more months, you can expect Sky to offer you a "Free
for 30 days" trial, in orde

- AGAIN A SOURCE FOR D2-MAC LISTINGS:

On 27 Aug 96 03:02:02, (MIODRAG SRNEC)
wrote:

>Hy...
>
>Do anybody know where I could get TV Shedules for foloving channels:
>
>FilmNet 1, FilmNet 2, TV 1000, TV 1000 Cinema ... (D2-MAC channels)
>
>Internet, or maybe even better Mailing-list ???
>
>Thanks.

Another question, another answer....

try www.eurotv.com

Mr.Season

- SPANISH TELEVISION IN IRELAND:

Luis Garcia comments :

>Excuse me. Could anybody tell me - I am Spanish living in Northern
>Ireland and I would like to get satelate TV from a Spanish satelate
>called Hispasat; is this possible?  The local installers are not very
>sure.  Would I need to spend big box?  What about getting System
>scrambling programs in Northern Ireland?

Well Hispasat up here in N. England gives me a spotless picture on the
DBS band channels - Tv Deporte, Tele5 and Tv Clasico with a 90cm dish
and 1db noise figure LNB.

To the best of my knowledge it isn't possible to view the encrypted
Spannish services on Hispasat (or elsewhere) as [unless you live on
Spannish territory] they won't sell you a card for the decoder.

--
Ray