USED FOR ANY COMERCIAL REASONS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE EDITOR.

From: smax@enterprise.net (Max Simon)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 20:53:43 GMT

On Tue, 10 Jun 97 23:02:30 GMT, Laurence@iapetus.demon.co.uk (Laurence
Taylor) wrote:

>In article <5njl36$pg9@nx2.HRZ.Uni-Dortmund.DE>
>           finc27@dx1.HRZ.Uni-Dortmund.DE
>           "Thomas Adams; 9112325; Fh-Do/fb 4" writes:
>
>-> Concerning subscribing to BSKYB it was my understanding that this is only
>-> possible for residents of the UK and EIRE. Now I got a flyer from a
German
>-> company who offers a subscription which as they claim works w/o a
>-> middleman.
>->
>-> I would pay them 560 DEM a year for their service and would get a viewing
>-> card issued to my name. I would have to pay BSKYB the usual fee and could
>-> talk to their customer service in case of problems.
>->
>-> Well, I checked www.sky.co.uk and found nothing mentioned there.
>->
>-> Is this a legit offer I received?
>
>Hardly. Sky will not issue subscriptions to anywhere outside the British
>Isles and British Forces bases. If this guy will really get you a Sky
>card - and I am doubtful - then he will get it from a genuine subscriber
>in the UK. If you call Sky they will not take your money and will
>probably not honour any sunscription you had through the other company.
>
>In short - it's a con. Avoid.
>
>rgds
>LAurence

	That's about to change if what I read in June's What Satellite
is to be believed. It seems that Sky are bowing to pressure from the
armed forces and are considering allowing British Army Camps
throughout Europe to have access to Sky.

	Don't know when it is likely to happen but it's apparently got
a 99% chance of happening.

Max Simon