Subject: Re: Thor 2 - where to get info
From: Lars Petter Olsen <larsolse@sn.no>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 22:25:39 +0200

pajupa@sicom.fi wrote:

> What company is behind Thor and Thor2? I mean, it's so difficult
> to get any info from Internet, so do they have a homepage or similar?

Telenor (Norway) is behind Thor IIa. The name is from the famous
researtcher Thor Heyerdal. Thor III, IV and maybe V will also soon
arrive. This adress is for EXCITE, and will give you the some
information about Thor IIa.
http://excite.com/search.gw?trace=a&search=%22thor+2%22+AND+satellite
Thor IIa have a capacity of 15 analogous channels and 70 digitals. Today
only TVS are transmitted from Thor IIa, but more are comming soon. For
norwegian readers I suggest "Lyd og bilde" nr. 5 1997.