This service is sponsored by

TELE-satellite

INTERNATIONAL

http://www.tele-satellite.com

Editor for TSi:

Marc Ruenger

eMail: MRuenger@aol.com

http://members.aol.com/mruenger/sat-tv.htm

ALL MATERIAL PROVIDED HERE IS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE
USED FOR ANY COMERCIAL REASONS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE EDITOR.

CANAL+ NEWS / DISCUSSION

"Rebart" <r_b@geocities.com> writes:

>But the season card which is copplad to the computer can handle how much

>codes as much until the HD is empty...

This is correct. Having information about how an original Canal+ card

operates internally (keys etc.) it should not be very difficult to

implement a PC soloution. It nowhere as difficult as emulating a SKY card,

that uses an ASIC that may not be emulated in software.

There is apparantly nothing revolutionary about the new Canal+ cards.

>And in a season prog it should be possible to hide the codes, on for ex

>decrypt the codes is shown...

This is more difficult as anybody with just a little knowledge in

8086 assembler would be able to disassemble the program to find

out how the keys are actually stored.

Some of the microcontrollers used in pirate cards are much more

secure as these prevents users from reading the program and in addition

stores the keys in encrypted form.

And a few words about thee availability of keys:

The biggest problem for the program providers is, that the equipment

to make pirate cards are so cheap and simple. This also becomes a

problem for us, who are mainly interested in the technology behind the

encryption, because the companies are forced to take action.

They can live with a small number of technically interested

people watching their programs for free but when the pirate card business

becomes too wide spread they must act.

As I see it, the biggest threat to out "hobby" is all the people making

money out out of it by selling cheap pirate cards to each and everyone.

If it required just a little knowledge to get going, the number of

pirate viewers would be dramatically reduced.

This is why it's not necessarily a bad thing, that new codes may not

be released to the public but will be kept among those showing real

interest in the subject.

This will of course hit upon all the "please send me the new keys"

people, but I can live with that :)

Regards

Per

--

----

Per H. Nielsen <phn@login.dknet.dkx>

My Danish Scanner Pages: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/9880/

To reply to this remove trailing 'x' from my address.

2810 3501 4412 8623 8624 1435 2716

1F 24 3B F5 F5 8B 1E

With regards

Bart Simpson

Oh dear - have they already change key again?

Maybee thats why i couldn4t get it to work

Michael Mondrup

T Tull <min_sida@hotmail.com> skrev i artiklen

<01bd0947$bf2a7280$9a60f482@Tullnet.swipnet.se>...

> Thanks to you all who published the key

1F 24 3B F5 F5 8B 1E Canal+

SM+card 2227 1519 3337

2810 3501 4412 8623 8624 1435 2716

Tony Hiscox

On Fri, 12 Dec 1997 11:31:59 -0800, "Marc Ruenger" <MRuenger@aol.com>

wrote:

>Hi all,

>can someone plz tell me, when NORSK TV2 will start again with NEW or old

>X-Files episodes,or has the show be cancelled completely?

TV 2 NORGE

00,25 cet Monday or 23,25 GMT Monday 14th

Episode 53 of 97

My listing only goes to next Thurs. so that's the only listed time

for X-FILES. Why so late? I don't know.

--

Regards,

Joe

jahn@post8.tele.dk

PGP 5.0

icq no.4934077

Yes, TV2 will be showing season 5, starting beginning of '98.

The TV2 presenter said just before they showed the season 4 cliffhanger

that it was part of a triology.

Bjxrn

X-FILES ON TV2 NOR

J.M.Jahn wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Dec 1997 11:31:59 -0800, "Marc Ruenger" <MRuenger@aol.com>

> wrote:

> >Hi all,

> >can someone plz tell me, when NORSK TV2 will start again with NEW or old

> >X-Files episodes,or has the show be cancelled completely?

> TV 2 NORGE

> 00,25 cet Monday or 23,25 GMT Monday 14th

> Episode 53 of 97

> My listing only goes to next Thurs. so that's the only listed time

> for X-FILES. Why so late? I don't know.

> --

> Regards,

> Joe

> jahn@post8.tele.dk

> PGP 5.0

> icq no.4934077

Hi all,

"Marc Ruenger" <MRuenger@aol.com> wrote on Fri, 12 Dec 1997 11:31:59

MR> can someone plz tell me, when NORSK TV2 will start again with NEW

MR> or old X-Files episodes,or has the show be cancelled completely?

MR> Thankyou Marc.

Dear Marc,

it seems that the X-files on TV 2 on the usual Thursday evening spot are

currently interrupted because of important sport events.

The X-files on TV 2 on Thursday seem to be the television premiere in

Continental Europe, although all these episodes had, of course, been aired

on SKY ONE last summer (May/June as far as I recall).

Thusly, TV 2 is considerably ahead of Pro 7 in Germany.

However, you can still watch the X-files on Thursday evening,

if you have a d-Box (as I presume), put in the new software with bdm
Interface

and get yourself a (free) dutch viewing card.

Veronica TV on 12441 is currently showing X-files at 20:30 CET every

Thursday. They are, however, well behind Pro 7.

And then, of course, there's SKY from London with X-files on Sunday night.

These are repeats.

Finally, it's nice to watch old episodes of the X-files on TV.

That is on Mondau night, after the Midnight News.

I program my VCR for that ;)

I like TV 2. It's a nice station, and in comparison to SKY, it has real

people on screen who introduce you to the programs. There's far less

advertising on TV 2 than on SKY, although I liked it even better when

TV 2 had no commercials at all (within the programmes)

BTW: Thanx for your excellent column in TSI.

Bye

#####

You can subscribe AND unsubscribe at TELE-satellites Homepage at:
http://www.tele-satellit.com

For information on how to subscribe or unsubscribe, send email to
Majordomo@tags1.dn.net (_not_ to me, please  so do NOT use reply) and
include the line

help

in the body of your message.