[Prev][Next][Index]

SAT-Usenet 02/98

SAT-Usenet
02/98
get the best from Satellite-TV Newsgroups via eMail!

This service is sponsored by
TELE-satellite
INTERNATIONAL
http://www.tele-satellite.com

Editor for TSi:
Marc Ruenger
eMail: MRuenger@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/mruenger/sat-tv.htm

ALL MATERIAL PROVIDED HERE IS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE
USED FOR ANY COMERCIAL REASONS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE EDITOR.

- TO WHOM IT MAY BE OF INTEREST: CANAL+ PORN POLICY

Mikael Østergaard Jensen <mbc@post5.tele.dk> wrote in article
<01bd16f8$9321ac80$61a7efc2@mikaelje>...
> It is only C+ Norway that cut the real porn out of the movies.
>
> Richard Browne <oo13@dial.pipex.com> skrev i artiklen
> <34AC244E.4D70@dial.pipex.com>...
> > Is all porn on C+ chanels censored? They have just shown a film
> > (In cold sweat) where an anal scence was excised and comparing
> > the runtimes of some upcoming films to the runtimes listed for
> > the same movies in the adult movie database shows that C+ films
> > are all 10-15 mins shorter! I am not referring to the "soft"
> > versions but to the supposed "hard" versions.
> >
> > Is there an offical policy from C+ on this issue,if so what
> > do the official subscribers think about it?
> >
> > RWB

However the others vary between what Canal + France called "erotic" and
"hard".

When I worked in France C+'s output seemed to rather concentrate on "anal
science" to the extent that I wondered how the French would survive.
--

R. Mark Clayton

MClayton@btinternet.com

AIUI Norway has similar regulations to the UK, therefore, porn films
on C+ Norway are censored. The other 4 Scandinavian C+ variants all
show uncensored Porn. Not that I watch Porn of course :-)

Regards,
Ian

- NO MORE EUROTICA IN THE UK

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid%5F44000/44634.stm

BBC NEWS

Sunday, January 4, 1998 Published at 20:32 GMT

UK to ban French porn channel

Chris Smith could ban the decoders needed to view the channel
The Government is expected on Monday to trigger a ban on a French-based
satellite porn channel being beamed into Britain.
The Culture Secretary, Chris Smith, will write to the Eurotica channel,
the French authorities and the EU Commission saying he intends to outlaw
the channel in the UK.
Under the terms of the EU Broadcasting Directive, he will say the
channel has 15 days to stop broadcasting into Britain.
If Eurotica does not comply, Mr Smith will make an order banning anyone
in the UK from 'supporting' the channel. This could for example stop the
selling of decoders needed to view the service, prevent it being
advertised, and even keep people from acting as the firm's accountants.
Mr Smith, who has just returned from a New Year break in France, viewed
the channel after the Independent Television Commission recommended in
October that the Government proscribe the service.
It is thought a ban would be the first of its kind by a Labour
Government.

- D2-MAC MOVIE GUIDE AT:

http://www.clubi.ie/justforfun/intel707/english.htm

- RECEIVING THE CYPRUS-CHANNEL

In article <34B56026.515D@ibm.net>, Albert H Bogner <abogner@ibm.net>
comments ...

>I am receiving RIK on Eutelsat 7degrees with a 1m dish nearly sparkling
>free in Salzburg and I tried to find RIK on Sirius 2. I turned the dish
>in western direction and found TV4 with a lot of spikes. I think this
>must be Sirius 1 or could it come from another satellite? Scanning for
>further programs on this satellite with my Sharp Universal LNB on my
>Pace MSS 1000 I could not find any of the Sirus 2 programs ? Does
>anybody know why?

You need  to enable the 22KHz tone switching to use 'High Band'. You
should then find the likes of 'RIK' [12.265 GHz Horizontal] very easily.

Check the LNB installation options, and adjust them to reflect you
dish/LNB set up and then set the preset item [7] to 'High Band'.

>Turning the dish further to west I got a very strong signal of TV Norge
>and Kanal Fem, probably it was Thor 2,

Yep,

>but I could not find VTV,

It is there, but nowadays it is delivered digitally.

>also I
>believe to find TV Norge and Kanal Fem on a 2nd satellite very close to
>the other position. Could this be?

Kanal fem and TV Norge use Thor 2 [0.8 degrees west] whilst some other
channels use Intelsat 707 [1.0 degrees west].

==

Ray

   E-mail : ray.w@zen.co.uk

- SKY/VIDEOCRYPT IS HACKED !!!

Yup it's official the Entire VIDEOcrypt system is hacked for more info
Visit
North East Online at....

http://195.224.116.101/northonline/index.htm

#####

You can subscribe AND unsubscribe at TELE-satellites Homepage at:
http://www.tele-satellit.com
For information on how to subscribe or unsubscribe, send email to
Majordomo@tags1.dn.net (_not_ to me, please - so do NOT use reply) and include
the line
help
in the body of your message.