Setting up the program
If you have gotten this far, I can assume you have obtained a copy of
the program archive (WINORBxx.ZIP, where xx is the version number), and
"unzipped" it. Follow the instructions below for a quick setup.
1) Put all the
in a subdirectory of your choice.
2) Start the program from Program Manager or File Manager. After a
minute or so, the Main, Map and Info Windows will appear. The default
satellite will be "Phase III" - the original preliminary orbit information for
what later became Oscar 10, and the default Observer will be W3IWI in Maryland,
3) In the Setup menu, choose Observer/QTH... and enter
your latitude and longitude, or your grid square. A variety of
are supported. You can also enter your callsign and other descriptive
information as desired. Click OK when everything is right.
4) In the Setup menu, choose Time Zone and fill in the time
5) Select the "Phase III" Map window in the Windows menu.
Position the window as desired. In the "Phase III" window, select
Satellite... to bring up the satellite-selection dialog.
6) Choose your favorite satellite from the list. Enter the communication
frequency in MHz (for Doppler and one-way path loss calculations). Click
OK to accept the choice.
7) In the Main Window, choose Setup:Save Settings Now to save
all your settings. The program will start up in the same configuration next
time. The information is stored in
You're done! Refer to the various help topics such as
menus and commands
for operation of additional features. In case of trouble, refer to the
, or the
For advanced setup information,
Converted by Winhelp to Web