[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: too srong signals

> questions: What are the symptoms of too strong a satellite signal?
> I am using a 1m fixed dish to receive Eutelstat (13degE).
> Sometimes in good/clear weather conditions my picture appears
> distorted whilst other transponders are perfect.
>
> Please advise.
>

> country: England (UK)

The effect is the same as on a weak signal.. The AGC (automatic gain
control) of the receiver cant handle the strong signal and you get a
noisy picture. A cheap way would be the insertion of a Sat-Slope between
receiver and lnb. Just behind your receiver. This little device is
available from GLOBAL in the UK and Johanson in Belgium

--
Christian Mass (Dr.Dish)
Senior-Editor of TELE-satellite International

[Other mailing lists|Sponsored by TELE-satellit]