[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Question received through Dr.Dish Online

> city: Dubai
>
> questions: Dear Dr. Dish
> I am living in Dubai (U.A.E.) and I would like to receive german TV.
> Deutsche Welle I is possible,
> I have already seen. But what about other german channels. During my
> researches I found out,
> that ASTRA-1A is receivable here. If so, what equip do I need?
>
> Thank and Regards
>
> Danusch Sanai
>
> country: U.A.E.

Dr.Dish:DW-TV is available on INTELSAT 707 at 1 degr. west in the c-band
(3.9115 GHz, right hand circular), but transmitts here in MPEG . This
means you should buy a digital receiver with for free to Air-reception
(like Nokia, Praxis, Lemon or Strong) and a 4.5m dish with a 4 GHz-feed.
On the other hand, if you use this large dish (good quality), you could
also pick up the DW-TV signals from EUTELSAT-HOTBIRD at 13 degr. east,
which are analogue in Ku-band. To get some more channels, I would say,
just install a combined feed for c/ku-reception and use a polarmount
driven antenna. Some receivers are offering combined recpetion of analog
and digital signals (Lemon and Praxis), but are not able to use a
mechanical or magnetic polarizer on the digital part. Here we use still
two receivers for different tasks.
Christian Mass (Dr.Dish)
Senior-Editor of TELE-satellite International
http://www.TELE-satellite.com
Producer of drdish@tv
http://www.drdish.com

[Other mailing lists|Sponsored by TELE-satellit]