[Prev][Next][Index]

Saving Daylight.

My curtains are fading again with all the extra sunlight.
My dish will be getting hotter, and I don't mean reception wise.
Some have already made the switch,N Z and Tasmania.
Well it has happened. You are either 1 hour ahead or 1 hour behind
yourself, depending what you did with your clock.  Well it has happened
again it is change over time for daylight savers over most of the world.
What this means in the satellite TV world is that a lot of programs are
time shifted up to 2 hours. For Australia this means
 Asiasat 2:  http://www.satcodx.com/asia2.html and
Palapa C2:  http://www.satcodx.com/palapac2.html  programs are mostly
shifted an hour back and
Pas 2:         http://www.satcodx.com/pas2.html are mostly 2 hours ahead.
        It is time for new viewing habits for the summer down here.
There is not much to report, things have been quiet.

        A couple of hardware notes for you with Hyundais and the new EPROMS.
The pause pause trick that was needed to access correct lipsync on Power-Vu
programs has indeed been fixed. Well!!!! it has been shifted along with a
couple of new glitches in the sound department. Correct me if I am WRONG...
but I surmise that the increased sensitivity that is mentioned with the new
chips is in fact a decrease in the sampling rate.
        On good PAL signals with the old chips there were no problems with
artefacts, locking up ect. With the new chips more artefacts are seen on
some of the borderline signals such as some of the Asiasat 2 signals.
Hallmark is much improved and by shifting the frequency down by 1 MHZ I can
now get almost glitch free signals on a good day.  If you have a distorted
sound problem hitting the mute button clears this problem for you. If you
have a lipsynch problem as I am sure you do on some of the PAL signals hit
the pause pause button. Just like you did for Power-Vu.

Now go and look for
--- Palapa C2:  http://www.satcodx.com/palapac2.html
On 25 October, Baztab started on 3,800 H, PAL?
(F Al-Gurg)

--- Asiasat 2:  http://www.satcodx.com/asia2.html
EM TV is only temporary on 3,760 H, until 30 November, or maybe
for two more weeks. They are in clear because the Videocrypt
encryption unit's Computer Timer/Smartcard has timed out and
the replacement cards have all failed to work.
EMTV intend to switch to digital transmissions on 4,006 V,
MPEG-2/clear, SR 4333, FEC 3/4 (preliminary data).
They will initially be in clear, and possibly encrypted in the
future, or maybe only encrypted for selected programs.
(G Handy)

Thanks to Christian Lyngemark at http://www.satcodx.com  for letting me use
the above information.

The preceding information is copyright 1997 by Sat-Aust.
It may be used and re distributed for non commercial uses only provided the
following notice is included.
© Copyright 1997 Sat-Aust.

Let me know whay you find out with the Hyundai roms, version 4 onwards
can't be far away.

Cheers for now,
Bevin.

[Other mailing lists]