[Prev][Next][Index]

Happy New Year No2.

Happy Chinese Lunar New Year!

Well that was the way it was midnight Hong Kong time Tues/Wed of this week.

Just about all the chinese SCPCs carried the new year celebrations.
It looks like an entertaining 10 days on Asiasat 2.

VTV from Vietnam also carried their version of the new year.
I have heard reports that VTV has gone from Thaicom 3 but this is incorrect.
Thaicom 3:  http://www.satcodx.com/thai78.shtml
Thai TV 5 Global Network has left 3,480 H/3,640 H,
This is possibly not completely correct either as Thai TV 5 is still there
as of midnight in the year of the tiger.
It is also incorrect that (I think it is Zhejiang tv is on Thaicom 3...)
It is in fact on apstar 2a....a little further west.
There are also digital tests there as well.
The satco dx report below.
Apstar 2R at 76.5E:  http://www.satcodx.com/apstar2r.shtml
ZTV - ZheJiang TV (China) has started on 3,760 H, PAL.
Look at the chart for complete info.

Intelsat 701 at 180E:  http://www.satcodx.com/i701.shtml
There are network 7 colour bars here in NTSC and 6.6mhz sound.
This also has had a Japanese ident as well.

Asiasat 2:  http://www.satcodx.com/asia2.shtml
STAR TV is testing on 3,740 V, PAL/clear, 6,30:6,48 MHz.
Yes the sound is encoded. If you have a smart card with the correct
authorisation the sound is fine.
My comment... All the star channels are encrypted but the video appears
unscrambled to get you interested in subscribing. The warbly sound is a
method of encryption.

I wonder is the grass really greener on the other side?
I have had a number of subscribers send in their signal reports now and it
appears that apart from slight variations you can get away with a size
smaller dish here in South Australia than most other places.
To my northern hemisphere subscribers tell us down under what we miss in
the way of FTA tv as it applies in your area. This will all be put together
shortly for all to see.

Intelsat 703 at 57E:  http://www.satcodx.com/i703.shtml
For those in South Australia this bird is just over the horizon, but what
can you see just after sunset with those big dishes?
Yes there are weak signals there but not viewable.
Just an exercise in long distance reception and atmospheric propogation really.
Also a distance of roughly 50,000 km.

New Zealand could look at Thaicom 3 after they switch the scenery off over
there as well. Especially if you live on the side of a hill and have a
clear view west.

[Other mailing lists]