[Prev][Next][Index]

Going...Going...Gone!

Yes Galaxy has departed its transponders 10 and 11 on Optus B3

The Galaxy Service on Optus B3 ceased transmission sometime after 0600
Australian Eastern Time Thursday morning. Others may have the actual second
recorded. 12.376 Ghz. H Tp 10 and 12.438 Ghz H Tp11 are gone for the
present. There were analogue colour bars there briefly a short time later.

This is the present lineup of FTA channels only programme names have been
changed. There could be a new transponder commissioned for some of the
other Galaxy services not covered at present.Definition not quantity could
be the new regimen as pictures are of good quality an improvement from poor
to fairly good.

The Lineup.
The top one is Titled TNT but it does share with Cartoon Network.

12564 H Austar/ Optus Vision Tests      MPEG 2 SR 29473 Fec 3/4

TNT/Cartoon Network       V 512 A 650
BBC World                 V 513 A 651
TVSN                      V 514 A 652
CNBC                      V 515 A 653

The following Lineup has changed pids remain the same. 12626 H Optus Vision
Tests       MPEG 2 SR 29473 Fec 3/4

Disney                    V 512 A 650
Movie 1                   V 513 A 651
Movie Extra               V 514 A 652
Movie Greats              V 515 A 653
MTV                       V 516 A 654
Sports Australia          V 517 A 655
AFL Sports                V 518 A 656
ESPN                      V 519 A 657

This lineup remains unchanged.
12689 H Austar  MPEG 2 SR 29473 Fec 3/4

Fox Sports                V 512 A 650
Showtime                  V 513 A 651
Encore                    V 514 A 652
TV1                       V 515 A 653
Arena                     V 516 A 654
Channel V                 V 517 A 655
Nickelodeon               V 518 A 656
Discovery                 V 519 A 657
Fox Sports 2              V 520 A 658
Lifestyle Channel         V 521 A 659
Comedy Channel            V 522 A 659
World Movies              V 523 A 660
Announcements             V 524 A 661
CMT                       V 525 A 662

That is an interim list for now we will have to wait and see what
eventually transpires on this bird.
Just to let you know  The Indonesians are still on Palapa C2 as are the
Chinese on Asiasat 2.
If you are reading this and you have a digital receiver but no Ku facility
you could possibly be a little frustrated with this lot just as the viewers
who have Ku facilities but no digital receiver. I suggest you go out and
buy what you are lacking so as to save yourselves some unnecessary stress.
<<DO NOT BUY THE GEAR JUST FOR THIS EVENT>>
<<<<<<<<<IT WILL NOT LAST>>>>>>>>>
Having said that there is little danger in investing in a digital FTA
receiver that is DVB (Digital Video Broadcasting) compliant.

DVB will be a subject ov another newsletter, I hope to tell you abit about it
There is DVB-T and DVB-S.
There are occasionally articles in Telesatellite that explain these
mysteries as well. Did you know! you can subscribe to Telesatellite
Magazine by forwarding the equivalent of $100 US to

Tele Satellite Subscription Service,
PO Box 263
Parkholme
South Australia 5043.

This money goes towards my trip to South America.
Somebody sent in a subscription wanting back issues as well.
If he is lucky they are not all sold out.
For your troubles you recieve 6 editions of the magazine as it is produced
bi-monthly. (Gotta be careful with that word.) It takes nearly 3 months to
read it anyway, let alone look at the colour pictures, the satelite
listings, the coverage charts, the product reviews, and lots of pictures of
colour bars from the other side of the world. I am looking for piccies from
this side if the world that I havent taken. Its a bit boring writing about
yourself and then having to read it in a magazine. At least if I want to
check the satellite dishes on my roof I only have to look in the Nov/Dec.
edition of Telesatellite to check what position they are in.
Most other news letters say sponsored by TeleSatellite. But they are too
far away to get me here. Oh! I forgot.
TeleSatellite is a satellite magazine published in Germany and is the
leading Satellite magazine in Europe.
Cheers for now and dont forget there is a C band out there as well.

Bevin.
İMay 1998 Bevin Boden and TeleSatellite

[Other mailing lists]