[Prev][Next][Index]

Cabsat Show & other news snippets

 For those of you who can get into the Cable & Satellite Show in Earls
Court,London
 next week...

 1) It's a "Trade Only" show -so they're trying to exclude the public.

 2) The show has a Website which includes some press releases :
    http://www.cabsat.co.uk

 3) The new Manhattan DVB digital receiver will be on the LSI Logic
stand.
    LSI logic make DVB chipsets -so I expect it will have its lid
removed.
    This receiver uses the latest DVB chipset;the design was done in the
UK.
    Eurosat will be the UK distributor for this receiver.
    These's an official (invite only) "launch" one evening next week at
the
     "Football Football" restaurant in London (I assume hosted by
Eurosat).

 3a) If you check the teletext on Sky's (analogue) UK Gold channel &
look at the
     TESUG page,you'll find a 1-page newsbrief about the Manhattan. I
think it's
     page 33 & you can get the text without a VideoCrypt decoder
(thanks,Eric).
     I hope to borrow one of these & review it for TSI soon.

  4) The RSD ODM300 FTA digital box will be shown on RSD's stand.I have
one of
     these & it's given me none of the problems that I keep seeing
people mention
     with the Nokia boxes -even though I switch it off at the AC mains
every night.
     This receiver was reviewed in What Satellite Magazine last month &
a further
      (more compehensive) review appears in the new Tele-Satellit
Magazine due out
     within the next week (so get your TSI folks;they sponsor this
mailing list and
     many others).

  5) I'll do a short report covering any interesting items I see at the
show (I'm there
     on Tuesday 19th).
     I would particularly like to find a twin universal LNB with C120
flange!!
     A combined C/Ku band offset feedhorn (for my 1.8 Metre
ChannelMaster offset dish)
     is also on my "search list".
     If anyone else has any interesting news (no adverts please!),feel
free to post them
     here -just email it to <sat-digital-uk@tags1.dn.net>

    ttfn
    Chris Muriel,Manchester,UK