[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: SAT Receiver problem:BLACK TV SCREEN

>Hello Dr. Dish,
>
> My name is Rafael Cappuccio. I live in ITALY and I am a SAT
>freak since 1994. I am writing to you because I have a big
>problem  with my Sat reception system.Fisrt of all, I will
>tell you what kind of Sat reception system I have:
> 1) 1,20-meter dish + one LNB
> 2) An IRTE MULTISAT system mod. 1, this device makes
>    possible to receive 5 sats with a non motor-driven sat
>    system.
> 3) AMSTRAD SRD 550 receiver.
>
> The problem:
>
> One day ago,  I was watching RTL2 and suddenly  the image
>went away (the TV screen was black).There was  not even the
>rain effect on), after 2 minutes everything was okay, there
>was RTL2 back on without any  problem. Still, after 30
>minutes I had have the problem back again. TV screen black
>without rain effect. I went from Astra satellite to HOT BIRD
>1 but I got the same result (Black TV screen).
>
>I thought it could be :
>
>- I thought it was my TV set but the Italian local stations.
>I switched to RAI-1 and everything was OK.
>
>- the LNB but when it is a LNB problem i should not get at
>least the rain effect. Therefore i dont beleive in a LNB
>malfunction.
>
>- The MULTISAT device doesnt get involved during the channel
>reception but only when I want to position myself in another
>satellite.
>
>- Last but not least, the AMDSTRAD SRD 550. Six months ago I
>had a problem with the power supply, but even in case,  I was
>not able to POWERED-ON the receiver. My  humble idea is that
>It could be the Sat receiver. Still I dont understand how
>come I can go into OSD screen.
>

>Dr. Dish, could you help me solve this problem ?. Should I
>believe that my AMSTRAD SRD 550 is
>broken ???  What else could I do to find out where the
>problem is ???
>
>HELP ME..........
>
>Thanks a lot.....
>
>Rafael Cappuccio

Dr.Dish:
It is difficult to give some advice from far away. Depends on your ability
to do some testing with the right eqiupment.
Since you still get the OSD,I believe your 14/18 volts are gone. You have to
measure the LNB-voltage. If both voltages are present without connected LNB
and voltage goes down with connected LNB (max. 200 mA), then you should
check your Coax-cable, but also the LNB. Otherwise you could try to get from
a friend a sat-receiver for testing. If he is doing well, then you have a
problem with your receiver and you should consult you dealer.
Dr.Dish (Christian Mass)
drdish@tv - the first european satellite info channel

[Other mailing list archives]