[Prev][Next][Index]

ASIANET data

__________________________

>Questions:  Hello Dr Dish!
>I have read from your answers that Asianet has gone digital
>on orion F1 system MPEG. Would it be possible to get hold of
>a receiver/decoder from USA and watch Asianet in Europe.
>Thank you for your very informative service regarding satellite-
>TV.
>Best regards
>Maqsood Ahmad

Now you got me! Because I can only guess what Asianet is doing. Here first
the facts: Frequency: 11.680 GHz, vertical.
Now the the guess,because ORION F1 is behind a crazy grown tree and seen by
my dish only in the wintertime: Symbolrate: 5.632 and FEC 3/4.
So far as I know they are using the same parameters then AP-TV and WTN on
EUTELSAT IIF1.
A normal MPEG-Homebox canīt do the job. A commercial unit - like Fuba/TV-Com
will do the job, but the price tag hangs by around 6000 US$. We expect a
drop in prices during the months. So, just take you time.
Christian Mass (Dr.Dish)
Editor of TELE-satellite magazine
Home-page: http://www.TELE-satellit.com
and
DR.DISH TV
The first European Satellite Information Channel
Home-page: http://www.sat-net.com/drdish/

[Other mailing list archives]