[Prev][Next][Index]

Best mpeg-receiver

Hi Chris:
You have tested several mpeg-receivers. Wich one you would recommend for
reprogramming. This means we are only interested in the technical most
advanced machine. The software features are not important, since we would
like to convert this receiver into a FTA receiver.
Do you have a pid-collection?
Khaleb S.

Dr.Dish:
First the PID`s: please subscribe to Mike Bauerfeind`s Digital News via
http://www.tele-satellit.com/  Mike got a real up to date collection.
At this moment we have here 7 different mpeg-receivers and I would choose
the Galaxis/Vortec SAT500IRD. A very stabil case houses a fine made receiver
with IF-loop through, two data-port, expansion interface and commands are
accepted faster then other boxes do. This version is produced for the
italian market and in future for the dutch/belgian market. Forget the
software, because it´s made only for the packages.
A new receiver is announced from a australian manufacturer. They claim their
SK888 are able to work as an FTA-receiver, but no further information
available. We ask them to send more. If we get it, I will let you know.