[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Satellite TV viewing from Sri Lanka!

At 15:19 06.03.1997 +0530, you wrote:
>Dear Dr Dish,
>
>I got a copy of the valuable magazione Tele Satellite and after reading the
>Dr Dish page decided to subs. it immediately to be sure to get the
>comming issues. Really it very informative but since I am a beginner I need
>your help. I am from Negombo, Sri Lanka, and new to the satellite TV
>viewing. (Negombo is 40 km north of Colombo)
>

>This is my problem. Please advise me
>
>1.the type (Model etc) of receiver or receivers I should have to view
>Europian Satellite programmes. (digital)
>
>2.and the other corresponding equipments I should have for this purpose.
>(LNB, Feedhorn etc)
>
>Thanking you,
>Yours sincerely.
>Felician

Dr.Dish:
The following equipemnt you will need to receive the European Bouquet via
ASIASAT-2 via 100.5° East:

Digital Receiver:
SK 888 from Skandia, MASCOM/NOKIA 9500S, PACE 500 (slightly different
versions are on the market, so get the proper one from a real Pace-dealer!)
and PanaSat 520.
The dish should be at least 180cm. The c-banmd feed must be suitable for
horizontal recpetion and the c-band lnb should have a noise figure of around
17° to 20° Kelvin.
Some additional data for reception of the European Bouquet:
Frequency: 4.000 GHz
Polarization: horizontal
Modulation: QPSK
Symbolrate: 28.125 Msymb/sec.
FEC: 3/4
The service is free of charge. Look for a good installer, able to do a
proper job.