[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: S.A 9232 in Australia

>City: Freemans Reach
>
>Questions: Hi Dr. Dish,
>
>>From Sydney Australia:
>
>A friend in Dubai has sent me a SA D9232 receiver that he was  using with
Orbit. After reading the recent Tele-Satellite article about the receiver I
have tried to use it to receive FTA PowerVU on PAS-2. I have had not luck.
The receiver works OK on analog signals. I don't have any instructions for
the use of the receiver - the only info I have available is what was printed
in the Tele-Satellite article. What menus are available? Do you enter the
Msym and FEC with this receiver (How?) or is does it automaticly calculate
these parameters. Can you point me to a suitable  web site or newsgroup for
this receiver.

>Regards,
>Mark Fahey.

Dr.Dish:
You got a Orbit-version in which can alter only the first frequency in the
menu and all others are fixed. This a preprogrammed version and it is quite
difficult to use this one for FTA. Try to get the New-Zealand magazine
"SatFacts". This people is heavly involved with the modification of PowerVu
receivers. Are your sure to got a 9232? Or is it a 9223? In this case i
could help you.