[Prev][Next][Index]

Re:US-channels in Munich

At 17:40 24.08.1997 -0400, you wrote:
>DEAR DR. DISH
>I HAVE JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST SATELLITE DISH.  I LIVE IN MUNCHEN,GERMANY.  I
>WAS WOUDERING IF THERE IS ANY CHANCE OF RECEIVING AMERICAN CHANLES OUT HERE.
> IF SO WHAT HELPFUL HINTS CAN YOU OFFER.  MY DISH IS ONLY 80 CM AND MY
>RECEIVER IS A PACE 200.  IF YOU COULD HELP ME OUT IT WOULD BE GREAT.
>THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.
>SINCERELY

Dr.Dish:
Besides the implementation of some news-shows from the US by Europeen
broadcasters via ASTRA and HOTBIRD, you could receive some analogue feed´s
via Intelsat K, ORION and PAS. If you like to get some regular programming,
then you would have to pay a minimum charge of US$ 50,- per month to get
ESPN and some movie-channels with the ORBIT-package (provided by Olbort,
Austria). But a larger dish (150cm) and the PowerVu-digital-receiver of
Scientific Atlanta is needed.