[Prev][Next][Index]

Sat-UK #171 14.12.97: EROS TV - SIRIUS 2 INFO

Sat-UK Report #171:
- Eros TV starts pay-TV service
- More Sirius 2 reception reports
sunday 14th december 1997
Email: dsedghi@TELE-Satellite.com OR dominic@bigrp.demon.co.uk
Sat-UK Web: http://www.sat-net.com/sat-uk/
UK Satellite Control: http://www.sat-net.com/uk-satellite/
And now the news:

---------- More Sirius 2 reception reports

No improvement on my dish for the Sirius 2 channels - they still seem to
be very weak indeed, unlike a few days ago. TV 8 is "watery", with very
scratchy sound. Kanal 5 is dire, with more sparklies than subtitles :-),
and I simply can't lock onto the Sci-Fi Channel, surprise surprise.
Still waiting for signs of life on the European and central beams though
- hopefully they'll be much better. Here are some more subscriber
reception reports:

South Netherlands, 80cm dish, Nokia 1202E
Kanal 5 sparklie free, TV 8 even stronger
(J Wuijts)

South Derbyshire, 80cm dish, 0.7dB LNB
Kanal 5 and TV 8 with lots of sparklies
(Frederick Perkin)

Grenoble (SE France), 1.2m dish, 0.7dB LNB, Nokias SAT8001 & 9600S
SVT Europa quite good; Kanal 5 and TV 8 no picture
(Christophe Cartier)

Bicester (nr Oxford), 1m dish, 0.9dB LNB, Pace MSS508IP
Sci-Fi Channel and TV 8 lost of sparklies; Kanal 5 almost unwatchable
[Kanal 5 isn't too bad in Solihull with a 90cm - ed.]
("Richard")

********** ANNOUNCEMENT
Unfortunately, due to personal reasons, there will be no Sat-UK or
Sat-UK-Web updates tomorrow (Monday), but things should continue as
usual on Tuesday.

All contents (C) 1997 Dominic Sedghi, except where indicated. All rights
reserved. The above may not be reproduced without written consent.
Information is subject to change and/or may be incorrect.