- Tele-X ceases broadcasts
- Reception report on Astra 1G
friday 9th january 1998
Email: dsedghi@TELE-Satellite.com OR dominic@bigrp.demon.co.uk
Sat-UK Web: http://www.sat-net.com/sat-uk/
UK Satellite Control: http://www.sat-net.com/uk-satellite/
And now the news:

---------- Tele-X ceases broadcasts

Well it's happened. Tele-X has finally ceased transmissions from its
orbital position at 5.2 east. It is now ready to be flown off to the
junk orbit. Some feeds have now started on Sirius 2's Nordic beam on
12,646 V in PAL, so if you spot any give me a reception report. Tele-X
has accordingly been removed from the charts at Sat-UK-Web and will no
longer be sent out in Sat-UK-Tab.

---------- Reception report on Astra 1G

Here's a reception report on Astra 1G from Aurelio González in the
Canary Islands:
0.7dB LNB, Nokia 9602S
Signal very strong on both polarities - horiztonal broadcasts for the
first time! Very happy for the first time to receive lots of free
channels here. [Well I'm very happy for you too; shame they're all in
German! - Dom]

All contents (C) 1997 Dominic Sedghi, except where indicated. All rights
reserved. The above may not be reproduced without written consent.
Information is subject to change and/or may be incorrect.