- Tele-X ceases broadcasts
- Reception report on Astra 1G
friday 9th january 1998
Email: dsedghi@TELE-Satellite.com OR dominic@bigrp.demon.co.uk
Sat-UK Web: http://www.sat-net.com/sat-uk/
UK Satellite Control: http://www.sat-net.com/uk-satellite/
And now the news:

---------- Tele-X ceases broadcasts

Well it's happened. Tele-X has finally ceased transmissions from its
orbital position at 5.2° east. It is now ready to be flown off to the
junk orbit. Some feeds have now started on Sirius 2's Nordic beam on
12,646 V in PAL, so if you spot any give me a reception report. Tele-X
has accordingly been removed from the charts at Sat-UK-Web and will no
longer be sent out in Sat-UK-Tab.

---------- Reception report on Astra 1G

Here's a reception report on Astra 1G from Aurelio González in the
Canary Islands:
0.7dB LNB, Nokia 9602S
Signal very strong on both polarities - horiztonal broadcasts for the
first time! Very happy for the first time to receive lots of free
channels here. [Well I'm very happy for you too; shame they're all in
German! - Dom]

All contents (C) 1997 Dominic Sedghi, except where indicated. All rights
reserved. The above may not be reproduced without written consent.
Information is subject to change and/or may be incorrect.