This service is sponsored by
TELE-satellite
EUROPES SATELLITE MAGAZINE
http://www.tele-satellite.com

Editor for TS:
Marc Ruenger
eMail: MRuenger@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/mruenger/sat-tv.htm

ALL MATERIAL PROVIDED HERE IS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE
USED FOR ANY COMERCIAL REASONS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE EDITOR.

- TV 3 CODES
Milos Stefan Kresoja writes:

>Today TV3 changed their code again. They use now key 08 and
>an old code since my wgbeta works perfectly. The strange thing
>is that both Multimac 1.63 (not updated for TV3) and 1.66 are
>working ok. When i tryed voyager i found out they are now using
>key 08 instead of 0e.
>Anyone knows what's happening?

Especially TV3 Sweden has been using key 08 for long periodes.
Because of this Multimac has the 08 key hard coded (not updateable)
and this is the reason that it still works.

Per H. Nielsen

- NEWS FROM TURKSAT

Oezer AYDOGAR wrote:

 Yesterday midnight TURKSAT 1C started to transmit from the position
 42oeast.

 First report from Austria:
 The European beam channels ATV2 and Euroshow disappeared, Euro D is
 still
 here but very weak. Now you can receive Turkish terrestrial channels
 Show TV and ATV via this satellite! But the signal strength is worst
 then before. Samanyolu TV has now a powerful signal. Kanal 7 is also
 very weak at the moment.
 The only positive thing is that all TRT channels TRT1,TRT2,TRT3 and
TRT4
 are now much stronger. You can receive them here in Europe.

 Please inform us here also about your experience. I hope they will
 correct the antennas(beam) of the satellite for a better performance
 here in Europe!

 Oezer

- TIPS FOR SATELLITE-SYSTEMS IN THE UNITED STATES:

Richard Green wrote:

> I will be purchasing a new satellite system, and have had the Perfect
> 10 7.5s dish recommended to me.  I live in Atlanta, and people have
> said that this is a good dish and will do fine for my location.
>
> However, are their better 7.5' dishes?  I am reluctant to buy a "perf"
> dish because this is going to be a roof mount, and I am worried about
> wind damage to my dish and roof.
>
> I am also relucant to get a 10' dish because of its size on my roof.
>
> The Perfect 10 is rated at:
>         C-Band gain  - 38.7 db
>         C-band Efficiency - 60%
>
> Are their better dishes that will give me a better picture?  I don't
> mind spending the money, and I don't mind ordering through the mail.
>
> Also, any advice on roof mounts, LNBs, IRDS, and silent actuators
> would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks you very, very much.  It is tough being a newbie (especially
> when you have no idea how any of this stuff will work together ahead
> of time).
>
> Richard Green

Richard,

Welcome to the world of sat TV.  I'm sure you will enjoy it.  However,
if at all possible, get the 10' dish.  7.5's get marginal on the weaker
sats, and everything will age, so down the line, with a 7.5, you will
experience sparklies.
Roof mounts require a little more thought than ground mounts, so make
sure the mount is well constructed and anchored.
Also, above 40 MPH, it dosen't matter what the dish is made of.  The
wind will treat it the same.  Wind load is an important consideration
of roof mounts.

Chuck.....

[Other mailing lists]