This service is sponsored by
TELE-satellite
EUROPES SATELLITE MAGAZINE
http://www.tele-satellite.com

Editor for TS:
Marc Ruenger
eMail: MRuenger@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/mruenger/sat-tv.htm

ALL MATERIAL PROVIDED HERE IS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE
USED FOR ANY COMERCIAL REASONS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE EDITOR.

- NEW SKY-CARD WHEN OLD ONE ISN'T EVEN HACKED???

"John A Paton" wrote:

>I have just been informed by my friend who works SKY customer services that
they plan to launch the new 0B card in December.

>Any info on this will be posted as soon as possible.

Hmm. "Launch the card" as in "switch to the new 0B encryption" or as in
"start handing out the cards"? From what I've heard Sky are usually in
a transition stage of about one month during which both cards are valid.
Being in this case both 0A and 0B. This is due to the fact that the
process of card swapping takes a few weeks to complete probably. I guess
we'll know for sure when those infamous "Insert your new card as soon
as you get it" trailers pop up again. Usually means there's just 2
weeks to go. Any future info would be appreciated, John.

Regards.

- INFORMATION ON HOTBIRD 2

>Hello,
>
>Is the Hotbird 2 finally launched. I only read that Arabsat was launched the

>13th of November.
>
>Is there somewhere a list what stations will be on it?
>When will it become operational?
>
>What position?? (16E, 13E,....)
>
>Best regards, Hans
I think it was launched November 13th at Cape Canaveral (Florida) by
an Atlas rocket.

It  will become operational in December at 13oE orbital position.

Transponders line-up:

        Frequency:      Beam:           Channel:
tr. 50     11.727 GHz V Widebeam        RTP International Analogue
tr. 51  11.747 GHz H    Widebeam        EDTV Dubai      Analoque
tr. 52  11.766 GHz V    Superbeam       RAI (Italy)     Digital
tr. 53  11.785 GHz H    Superbeam       WDR (Phoenix from 1.4.97)
Analogue
tr. 54  11.804 GHz V    Superbeam       RAI (Italy)     Digital
tr. 55  11.823 GHz H    Superbeam       NETHOLD Digital
tr. 56  11.843 GHz V    Superbeam       STET (Italy)    Digital
tr. 57  11.862 GHz H    Superbeam       NETHOLD Digital
tr. 58  11.881 GHz V    Superbeam       STET (Italy)    Digital
tr. 59  11.900 GHz H    Superbeam       NETHOLD Digital
tr. 60  11.919 GHz V    Superbeam       RTI (probably MEDIASET)Digital
tr. 61  11.938 GHz H    Superbeam       TPS (French)    Digital
tr. 62  11.958 GHz V    Superbeam       TELEPIU(Italy)  Digital
tr. 63  11.977 GHz H    Superbeam       Svenska Kabel (Sweden) Digital
tr. 64  11.996 GHz V    Superbeam       TELEPIU (Italy)  Digital
tr. 65  12.015 GHz H    Superbeam       ART Europe      Analogue
tr. 66  12.034 GHz V    Superbeam       TELEPIU (Italy) Digital
tr. 67  12.053 GHz H    Superbeam       Svenska Kabel (Sweden) Digital
tr. 68  12.072 GHz V    Superbeam       TELEPIU (Italy)  Digital
tr. 69  12.092 GHz H    Widebeam        NBC             Analogue

  There will be five analogue channels and the only new one will be
Phoenix from ARD/ZDF, due to be launched on April 1, 1997. All the
digital channels, except for those of Italian public broadcaster RAI,
will be scrambled.

  By: Igor Uvodic
  Source: SatND

(c)TELE-satellit 1996. All rights reserved.

[Other mailing lists]