This service is sponsored by
TELE-satellite
EUROPES SATELLITE MAGAZINE
http://www.tele-satellite.com

Editor for TS:
Marc Ruenger
eMail: MRuenger@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/mruenger/sat-tv.htm

ALL MATERIAL PROVIDED HERE IS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE
USED FOR ANY COMERCIAL REASONS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE EDITOR.

- SOMETHING ABOUT PHILIPS-RECEIVERS

Andrew Morphitis wrote:
: Hello all,
: If there are any owners of Transworld converted Philips STU-902
: recievers would you care to answer some questions, please.

Well, I know all about it.. I didn it :)

: 1) What decoding software seems to work for you?
:    Satfreaks WGT 2-pic code and multimac 1.6 seem to work for me, no
: other one-chip code seems to work.

Any card should do, but there are some old versions out (You sould have
0.97, ask Transworld if you don't have it)

: 2) Does your decoder/card auto update on Canal+ and Cinecinemas?
:    Mine seems to sometimes after code changes but not this time around.
: I have tried to insert the new codes for these channels into the 2 pic
: code but that doesn't seem to work either.
: I feel the decoder is filtering some of the data required for code
: updating as all decoder/card traffic seems to stop after the first
: packet.

There have been a problem with these. You are right... There seems to be
some EMMG's wich is not passed to the card. I have a fix for that wich
is under test now. Some small bugs have been found, and Transworld
will probably let it out in a few weeks. This will also enable the pin-code
updating used on multi cards.

: 3) When the access menu is selected, what is displayed?
:    Sometimes I just get the message 'please wait' flash up twice briefly
: before it goes back to the menu (WGT code) and sometimes I get a
: numbered list from 1 to F with 'no label' written next to each number.
: When a number is then pressed I get the message 'from--to--theme level'.
: There seems to be no provision to enter any codes via the remote, such
: as is required for the multimac code.

Pirate cards will do that. They do not answer correctly to the requests.
SatFreak's 2chip card will look better.

: 4) Has anybody had any success using a computer interface with this
: decoder? Inserting the pcb just sends my decoder batty. (maybe I have a
: hardware fault with the card-reader circuitry).

If your interface uses the MAX232 or compatible, the 232 draws a little too
much current specified in ISO7816 (the cardreader specs). You can either
power it externally or find an interface wich uses a different chip (sorry,
can not recall the name of it, but it is a low power thing).

: 5) I seem to get faint line patterning on decoded pictures, has anybody
: else detected this.

If you haven't got a 220uF cap between pin 1 and 40 of the VCU2133, you
might find such patterns.. (+ on pin 1)

: As I had the upgrade done quite a while back, I was wondering if there
: were any further enhancements to the decoding upgrade (such as new EPROM
: code) if anybody knows could they let me know or even an E-mail address
: for Transworld.

As I said... Soon... :)

[Other mailing lists]