Subject: Re: thor II
From: Bjorn Brox <brox@corena.no>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 16:15:11 +0200

Sci-Fi Couple wrote:

> Johan Andersson wrote:
>
> > Er det noen som vet hvilken kanaler som kommer pa THOR II ???
> >
> > Har noen fatt inn signal fra THOR II ???
>
>  The only channels that I know of are svensk TV8 and the SciFi channel.
> I also heard that the satellite would not be in position until sometime
> in June.

Correct.

> Bill

Swedish TV8 will be on 5 degrees east (as all Swedish channels), both
digital (Sirius 2) and in clear PAL (on TELE-X, Kanal Fem freq) when
Sirius 2 is active.
The launch for Sirius 2 is August 28.

The THOR 2 channels I have heard about is:

   Sky News and Documentation
   Sky Entertainment
   Sci-Fi channel
   TV Danmark
   Murdoch's Fox Kids Network
   Dutch music channel TMF
   Canal Digital - Multichoice Nordic/Canal Plus digital package
(Filmnet etc) currently on Astra, but vill move to THOR2 and will use
the Conax system.

At least the first four will start as analogue (D2Mac)channels.