Subject: Re: Help identifying Ferguson SRB1 Kit/modification
From: "jims" <jims@kingswayscotland.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 10:15:03 GMT

sounds like the one I have too. I think it originated from a company
called Quantum in Lancs.

The BSB has been modified to accept a PIC type card for decoding D2MAC
signals. You would plug this decoder into the decoder scart of a VC IRD,
and then be able to decrypt D2MAC channels such as those on 1' west.
You will ned a card of course. Good luck.

Tom Crane <uhap023@vms.rhbnc.ac.uk> wrote in article
<vShKA4t3YLjd@vms.rhbnc.ac.uk>...
> Could anyone help me identify the decoder kit/mod. in an Ferguson SRB1
BSB
> receiver I have acquired?
>
> It has a front mounted cardreader. It consists of a large rectangular
> professionally made PCB which has on it the cardslot and the rest of the
> kit's components. The PCB connects to the motherboard via the connector
> that used to feed the ACM and and is also soldered to the edge of the mac
> board's compartment to help anchor the cardslot.
>
> The PCB also has on it; an 18 pin PIC chip (type unknown/identification
> rubbed off), a small TTL chip (74LS00 I think), a couple of 10K
resistors,
> a transistor and 1 or 2 small capacitors.
>
> The decoder displays several messages in its 2-digit display, including;
> H5 - appears to mean a valid mac signal was received
> CL - probably something like "your card is invalid"
> A0 - ??
>
> I cannot find any identification on the PCB or the EPROM. I've dumped the

> EPROM but can't find any copyright or other identification info in there
> either.
>
> I'd also be interested to know if there are any remote commands this S/W
> understands.
> Thanks.
> Tom.
> --
> Tom Crane, Dept. Physics, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham
Hill,
> Egham, Surrey, TW20 0EX, England.
> Email:	uhap023@vms.rhbnc.ac.uk
> SPAN:   19.875
> Fax:    01784 472794

TRAC have a site with EPROM upgrade data on
http://www.tracsat.demon.co.uk/Fergysw.htm
and also there is a site on
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/2155/

Les