[Prev][Next][Index]

SAT-Usenet 12/98

SAT-Usenet
12/98
get the best from Satellite-TV Newsgroups via eMail!

This service is sponsored by
TELE-satellite
INTERNATIONAL
http://www.tele-satellite.com

Editor for TSi:
Marc Ruenger
eMail: MRuenger@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/mruenger/sat-tv.htm

ALL MATERIAL PROVIDED HERE IS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE
USED FOR ANY COMERCIAL REASONS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE EDITOR.

- WHERE TO WATCH THE OSCARS?

For example you can watch it on TV4 Sveden on Sirius 1 5,2 deegres east in
plain PAL, Frequency 11938 R transp 12
They will send directly from 02.00-06.00 23/3 (Swedish time)
Best Regards
Örjan A
Christer Henriksson skrev i meddelandet <350E70ED.45C0BA37@surfnet.fi>...
>Do anybody know which channel that will show the oscars this year, CNN
>will show it i know but they just love to break for commercials every
>5th minute or so which i dont like so much, please inform me if you have
>the answear, because i wanna see TITANIC win everything!!

TV1000 are going to send it.

- SKY TESTS

Sky are now testing at 28.2 East.
Test Card Visible at 11.992-H (Approx)

Alex (X-Tra-View Aberdeen)

- NEWS FROM THE HISTORY CHANNEL

History ch. is  history boys. It's using tv3 (at this moment unknown) 0D
key.
Pha! I think I'll have to watch 1000 & en natt again!

Regards!

- INFOS ON CMT AND It's TXP AND SOME OTHER ASTRA-NEWS

CMT is still scheduled to close on April 1. Transponder 51 is to be
taken over by Sky Box Office, most likely its promo channel, currently
in soft videocrypt on transponder 57. (James Robinson)

UK Horizons, a science and nature-type program from UKTV, will start
on transponder 57, in Videocrypt 1. UK Horizons is currently on
Intelsat 605 in encoded MPEG-2 on 11.958 GHz, as well as being part of
the UKTV Promo Channel on Astra transponder 56. (James Robinson)

We reported last time that a German version of Bloomberg TV would be
sharing Astra transponder 11 with the English version. Richard
Karlsson reports in "Aftonbladet" that the German program will REPLACE
the English one. (Richard Karlsson, "Aftonbladet")

[Edition 2290 of Radio Sweden's MediaScan]

--

- SKYs CAM

On Sun, 15 Mar 1998 20:10:52 +0000, John <john@ouston.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

>In article <350c120b.436945@news.mcmail.com>, Neil York
><NeilYork@mcmail.com> writes
>>What type of conditional access module will BSkyB use in their digital
>>receiver, Irdeto, PowerVu, MediaGuard or some other.
>>
>>Has it yet been finalised who will build the receiver for when the UK
>>digital service is finally put into place.
>Pace will be supplying units to BSB.take a look at Pace web page.Press
>release  section.
>--
>John
Pace,Amstrad,a Grundig-Hyundai alliance & Panasonic (Matsushita)  for
Sky's digital service -known as BIB (British Independent
Broadcasting).
Incidentally,the terrestrial TV service (BDB -British Digital
Broadcasting) seem to have the following manufacturers for their boxes
:- Grundig,Pace,Philips,Nokia,Sony & Toshiba ,all of these have said
that they'll be making set-top boxes for Dig Terrestrial TV.
Others (like,I suspect,Hitachi & Tatung) will go straight into full
blown televisions with the digital tuner & mpeg2 decoder built in.
As previously stated,BDB will use a Seca CAM (same as used by Canal +
in France) whereas BIB will use a News Data Corp. CAM -designed by
their guys in Israel.

Chris Muriel,Manchester

#####