[Prev][Next][Index]

Re:Lemon in Central Africa?

> : WOW! This sounds like the the right machine for my liking!
> >
> >I intend to buy a multi satellite motorised system for use in Malawi
> >Central Africa. Since my country receives both (c-band) analogue a
> >and digital signals I feel this IRD will suffice.
> >BUT,
> >1) is it compatible to MPEG-2,irdeto, powervu etc?
> >2) common interface with all smart cards?
> >3) compatible to tune to any satellite since satellites accessible
> from
> >Africa are different from Europe.?
> >Thanks
>  exeter university

Dr.Dish:
we tested a pre-production model of the Lemon and the first model from
the production-line did not arrive yet here. The tested version was been
a true Free to Air (FTA)-receiver. Without any CAM. This means not
suitable to receive pay-tv. The unit could cope with all available
satellite-types (c- and ku-band) and broadcasts in MPEG-II (DVB) and
partly in PowerVu (again only FTA!).
Analogue reception-standard in Europe is compatible with the standards
in Africa. So problems can occur here.

Christian Mass (Dr.Dish)
Senior-Editor of TELE-satellite International
http://www.TELE-satellite.com
Producer of drdish@tv
http://www.drdish.com

[Other mailing lists|Sponsored by TELE-satellit]